Does anyone know what kind of stove this IS?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtgib01

Hearth Supporter
Mar 5, 2009
Eastern
I bought this off a guy selling it on the road. I have been cleaning up. I not sure if it's a coal or wood burning stove. it has a closed chamber on the top, which has a baffle in the back(which I can pull to open or closed). I am not sure what the chamber does on top. I don't want to start any bad fires. It has a picture of "the old man of the mountain" on the door. It also says "Home Warmer". Their are also numbers stamped on the back - 77301. I can't find any info online regarding this stove. If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated. I would like to know how to operate the stove properly.
Thank You!

Attachments

• PIC-0057.jpg
    PIC-0057.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 801
no idea what it is , i do see some serious rust though , i would guess without "underneath" air its likely not a coal unit. though dont hold me to that as i cant tell where the floor of the firebox is from the picture.

hopefully a learned collegue will be along to educate us on what this beast is

I haven't seen this one before, but it looks like a wood stove with an extension box on top like the Jotul 118 to recover a bit more heat.

There was one just like that, with the Old Man of the Mountain cast into the door...sans the add-on top box (whatever that is?) in a thread sometime last year. I wanna say maybe second or third quarter. I've done a few searches, but haven't found it...but I know it was the same stove, because I remember making a wisecrack about taking it up to New Hampshire and reselling to a sentimental burner. (The old man, of course, had already collapsed). In any case, we've seen one just like it before here. Rick

Thanks. After a little more research. I like it may be similar to the "Atlanta Stove Company" - Huntsman stove. They look different, probably a different model. But, I believe it may be the same manufacturer. Any thoughts? Thanks Again!

I have this same stove. We bought in new in 1979 in Manhattan Kansas. We still use it today and wouldnt trade it for anything. We did have to have a metal liner welded into one side of it when it started to get pin-holes in it from use. Every few years we do have to unscrew the top and clean out the baffles as ash settles in there. You will have to put a new gasket in the top once you remove the top. We always just called it a Home Warmer but it may have come from New England area. I remember we paid about $1200 new.

Thanks for the great info on the stove mini. Sounds like it was a very deluxe stove. I think our VC Resolute cost about 500 around that same time. Does the stove have an upper baffle system to increase efficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.