Does anyone know what this is??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KViolet415

Jan 5, 2013
I woke up this morning to a stuck auger. Took the back off, vacuumed out all the pellets, and this piece of metal was stuck in my top auger. I pulled it out and the stove is functioning fine, but does anyone know what this is and if it's important?

Attachments

• 20130105_085835.jpg
    20130105_085835.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 154
I woke up this morning to a stuck auger. Took the back off, vacuumed out all the pellets, and this piece of metal was stuck in my top auger. I pulled it out and the stove is functioning fine, but does anyone know what this is and if it's important?

Sure would help if you told us what kind of stove you've got. That might narrow it down...

that looks just like the latch doohicky on my englander , i would guess it's important

if thats what it is , where's the rest of the hardware?

Sorry that would be helpful! It's an Englander 25-PDVC. I checked the latches on the lid and they seem fine. No clue where this came from!

Hello, it sure looks a lot like one of the 2 latches on my 25PDVC. I'd double check the underside of your hopper lid again just to be 100% sure...

Attachments

• pdvclatch.jpg
    pdvclatch.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 85
If it doesn't look like you're missing one of your latches, keep it somewhere in case you need it in the future... It may have been dropped inside the hopper during the assembly stage of your stove & the assembler may have forgotten to retrieve it.

Looked more closely and yes it is a latch! I'd sure like to know where the pieces holding it on went!

I suppose it's possible the smaller pieces got through and got thrown away with the ashes unnoticed. At least I'm hoping what happened!

Ha! What did I expect from a cheap pellet stove? The fan has been making a squealing metal grating sound as well. Next time I'll get a better stove!

i,m sure your hopper lid was closing tightly before that fell off too....

Ha! What did I expect from a cheap pellet stove? The fan has been making a squealing metal grating sound as well. Next time I'll get a better stove!

Yep me too on the noise issue , Im on my 4th convection motor,2nd board, now exhaust motor is squealing like a pig, i clean the stove more than i clean myself lmao,,warranty runs out in 40 days. Love ESW customer service can't be beat, but stove makes me crazy. But than again I'm saving $2000 a year verses oil the stove and pellets already paid for them selves this season. I could buy a new pdvc and 6 tons of pellets every year and still save tons of money every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.