Does this axe need sharpened yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenterTree

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2008
SouthWest-Central PA
tumblr_nt8tk6MSh31qghl49o1_500.gif

Man, I hope that video is a joke. The dull bit isn't the only issue he has. Like most mass marketed felling axes nowadays, the handle is too long for what he's trying to do. Notice how he chokes up a good six to eight inches on the handle. The North American Continent was settled and timbered with axes less than 30" in length, not to mention the trees were roughly three times the size they are now. It is silly that finding an axe or handle less than 36" nowadays is nearly impossible.

To build on what PennsyltuckyChris said, Fiskars felling axes come in at just under 24". Most folks think they look nearer a hatchet but I wager skill and an axe of that proportion to a longer axe and brute strength any day.

Reactions: Pennsyltucky Chris
For some reason this kinda reminds me of "The Law of Diminishing Returns"...;hm

That looks like Begreen -

Status
Not open for further replies.