Does working on your stove while its under warrenty void warrenty?

freebird77 Posted By freebird77, Nov 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freebird77

freebird77
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jul 4, 2007
    Wondered if I tried working on it and just in case I mess something up, am I to assume if the repairman needs to come out itll cost me?

2. Jimbob

Jimbob
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 12, 2007
    Loc:
    The coldest major city in Canada
    If YOU mess something up, and the repairman has to come out, it'll cost you.

3. slls

slls
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 9, 2008
    Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    My owners manual says if you don't do a complete stove cleaning per there manual it will void the warranty. So to do a complete cleaning I need to take a lot of the stove apart, if I drop a steel plate and break a sensor, it would be on my tab. Actually I don't worry about it, I would just buy the part and install it.

4. freebird77

freebird77
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jul 4, 2007
  5. mnoack

mnoack
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 27, 2008
    Loc:
    maine
    I'm not sure if working on your own stove is supposed to void the warranty, but when my warranty auger motor came in, my dealer called me & asked if I was going to put it in myself or if I wanted them to do it. I did it myself, as when I have had them out, there have been problems, & i didn't want to wait another month. I don't think my dealer has time to do warranty work.

6. nhdblfan

nhdblfan
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 5, 2008
    Loc:
    Central NH
    I am to far from the dealer for service,we have a agreement that I would do the labor should there be a issue and he would provide the parts.He did say if I got in a bind and was unable to repair it he would be able to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.