1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Does working on your stove while its under warrenty void warrenty?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by freebird77, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freebird77

freebird77 Feeling the Heat

Wondered if I tried working on it and just in case I mess something up, am I to assume if the repairman needs to come out itll cost me?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jimbob

Jimbob New Member

Loc:
    The coldest major city in Canada
    If YOU mess something up, and the repairman has to come out, it'll cost you.
  3. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    My owners manual says if you don't do a complete stove cleaning per there manual it will void the warranty. So to do a complete cleaning I need to take a lot of the stove apart, if I drop a steel plate and break a sensor, it would be on my tab. Actually I don't worry about it, I would just buy the part and install it.
  4. freebird77

freebird77 Feeling the Heat

KInd of what I thought, thanks
  5. mnoack

mnoack New Member

Loc:
    maine
    I'm not sure if working on your own stove is supposed to void the warranty, but when my warranty auger motor came in, my dealer called me & asked if I was going to put it in myself or if I wanted them to do it. I did it myself, as when I have had them out, there have been problems, & i didn't want to wait another month. I don't think my dealer has time to do warranty work.
  6. nhdblfan

nhdblfan Member

Loc:
    Central NH
    I am to far from the dealer for service,we have a agreement that I would do the labor should there be a issue and he would provide the parts.He did say if I got in a bind and was unable to repair it he would be able to help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.