Done fixing stove ...I HOPE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY12553

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
Southern NY
Started out well over a month ago with changing the gaskets on the stove...The gaskets basically lead to a new front door, glass, two new latch assembly's and guess what it will be 50 degrees tonight and won't really make a lot of sense to see how it runs now...looking forward to it thought...will be air tight for the most part and i'm hoping it will cut down on the amount of wood we will use...

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on here and i'm glad i found this website!!

Rory, I hope you don't get a chance to light another fire until October!

We still burn ours daily. Often when outdoor temps are 60. What part of a 60 degree outdoor temp makes a 70 degree indoor temp?

There is no reason at all not to test out your handywork.

Status
Not open for further replies.