double wall class a for gasser ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Is double wall class a what I should use for my biomass 60 boiler in a shed ? should I install a barometric damper ?

I used an adjustable section for my Econo that goes to the ceiling in my garage-double wall black pipe- much cooler than the single wall. Transition to the double wall class A thru the ceiling and out the roof. The barometric damper works as advertised and is recommended by the factory. Does Biomass call for a BD?

Just installed metal-FAB class A chimney pipe in my shed today. You must use Class A through the roof by code or anywhere you're going to come within a certain distance from combustibles(2" I think). I also have an econoburn and it calls for a barometric damper which I will be installing shortly.
From boiler to roof rafters you can use single wall or double wall, depending on your clearances.
NNYorker, what did you come off your boiler flue with? I picked up an elbow today just to get all the piping lined up but the crimped side of elbow doesn't fit in boiler flue? Is the 100 8" also? Do you need a coupling or special piece of pipe off of boiler flue?

b33p3r, I purchased a 8"--6" reducer--plain black pipe-- from Ace Hardware. When new it fit over the boiler flue but not real snug. I secured it with a big hose clamp. Now , after so many heat/ cool cycles I can't get it off of the boiler flue when doing a turb. cleaning. Reducer fits my double wall tee no problem. I installed another tee directly below the one off the boiler flue which holds my B.D.

Wasn't sure if uninsulated pipe would cause creasote due to low flu temps. the manual dosn't say anything about a B.D.

I thought the crimped end was supposed to go inside the pipe closest to the boiler. Is the flue different? Should I be installing the crimped end Over the boiler flue pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.