Double Wall Stove Pipe Temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woodhound said:
Seems like some of you take wood burning to the extreme.

If you have come to this site seeking "normality" - you are going to be sadly disappointed. %-P

Reactions: baerjo and WASPKFD
Jags said:
woodhound said:
Seems like some of you take wood burning to the extreme.

If you have come to this site seeking "normality" - you are going to be sadly disappointed. %-P

You make a good point. I had been heating with wood for 25 years before I can to this site, and
was shocked at how much people obsess over their wood burning. I have never had a flue pipe
thermometer, or stove-body thermometer - just the cat thermometer. But I am also an engineer,
and I just had to pry my fingers away from the keyboard to keep from buying an IR thermometer
recommended in another thread ...

This forum did convince me to replace my aging Dutchwest cat with a Blaze King, and after using the
BK for 2 months, I will forever be grateful !

RustyShackleford said:
I just had to pry my fingers away from the keyboard to keep from buying an IR thermometer

Resistance is futile. This action will haunt you in your sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.