Double Wall Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlankBlankBlank

Minister of Fire
Oct 12, 2011
PA
Selkirk offers a double wall stove pipe in their Supervent line. They have a piece that telescopes between 38" and 68". The distance between my ceiling chimney adaptor and the top of my stove adaptor is 55". Do you see any negatives or concerns of using a single piece of telescoping double wall stove pipe that connects the top of my stove with the class A chimney at the ceiling?

cmonSTART said:
Nope. Go for it. Be sure to use the proper stove and class A adapters.

Thanks cmonSTART. It seemed like a no brainer to me but I also have never used double wall stove pipe before, just single wall. I guess I just wanted a little confirmation, especially because I have to special order the piece.

Thanks again.

Thats the same setup we have and haven't had a single problem plus it makes it easy to sweep too. We have used it on two different stoves, one was a cheap US Stove and on our PE super 27. I say go for it.

stocker said:
Thats the same setup we have and haven't had a single problem plus it makes it easy to sweep too. We have used it on two different stoves, one was a cheap US Stove and on our PE super 27. I say go for it.

Sweet, stocker! Appreciate you taking a second or two to chime in. Glad to hear it has worked well for you. I think I'm pulling the trigger on this one this weekend.

I sure love Hearth.com. So many very helpful and friendly folks, many of whom do this work on a professional level. That's one thing that I also look for in a dealer: if a dealer is willing to share info about how stuff works or how to do something safely, etc, then I'm more likely to become a repeat customer. I guess I'm a repeat customer of Hearth.com. Also, glad that I can share here too!!

I'd say that'd be the ideal way to do it. Can't get any simpler, and every bit as effective as any more unnecessarily complicated setup. Rick

That's how my stove is set up. A single piece of telescoping double wall vertical from stove to ceiling support box. Really, it is the ideal setup and what everyone would likely be doing if they could.

Thanks fossil, Highbeam, and ozzy73. Good to know that this set-up is a proven good one. I pulled the trigger about 20 minutes ago and ordered telescoping double wall stove pipe (38"-68"). I need about 55", so it's definitely going to work great. When I looked at the in stock parts, I was going to be about 5" to 7" short. There wasn't another in-stock configuration that quite worked out. Get to eliminate a bunch of joints and less headache too.

Thanks again. I'll be showing construction pictures in my project post very soon.

Sounds like what I need!

Status
Not open for further replies.