Down draft gasser Tarm 60 or Paxo 60?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2009
WI
Garn is still a consideration but I need to narrow the downdrafters.

My building will be going up shortly with attached boiler room. I am narrowing down my options for a new boiler. If you had a choice between a Tarm solo plus 60 and a Paxo 60 for the same price of $7400 which one would you choose?

The Tarm is a new 2004 but still on the pallet.

I like that Tarm has been around a long time. But the firebox is smaller.

Others the same price are
vigas
Effecta lambda 65 $7400

a little cheaper $6200
EKO

a little more for a
Econoburn $8500

gg

Tough decision as I would be happy with any of the above. I will say that the EKO 60 I'm running had sat in the same condition as the Tarm you described for 5 or 6 years and there was nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't be afraid that its older and still crated. If you want a vote.....if you want storage, I vote for the Garn.

I have a Paxo 40 from Mark at AHONA. I have been very happy with it and the support and information from AHONA. I had no problems with the unit last season and don't expect any this season. I gave storage in my basement and the Paxo in an outbuilding 80 feet away. Garn's look like very good units, but if you ever want to upsize it is a bigger job (IMHO). I like component level replacements ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.