1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

DR 6 Ton Log Splitter Report

Post in 'The Gear' started by stick burner, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elderthewelder

Elderthewelder Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Everett, Washington
    just 1 hand

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtb51b

jtb51b Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Birmingham AL
    Very nice, I'll be ordering one soon. I will be primarily using it for kindling and lighter splitting chores. I rarely get wood over 16", I scroung dead standing wood from several hundred acres I help manage. There will occasionally be a larger tree to split but I have a friend with a 22 ton gas unit that I can borrow at will. I want to spend as little as possible but really like the idea of a 2 speed pump, does it make as much of a difference as I imagine? Has anyone used both?

Jason
  3. kevin j

kevin j Minister of Fire

Loc:
    minnesota us
    buy the 2 speed pump! I have not used the electrics at all, but in gas powered, the wasted time really adds up waiting for a slow pump. Mymain complaint with spliiters I have used is rarely force, it is almost always speed.

I need to inviestigate these small ones. Are they 120vac?

tks, kcj
  4. Elderthewelder

Elderthewelder Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Everett, Washington
    The DR splitters are another $50 cheaper than when I bought mine in Dec, they were on sale then as well. Wosh I would of known they were going to lower them more. Tray's and tables are on sale as well.
    http://www.drpower.com/TwoStepModel...|2:DRPowerHome|3:WoodSplitter2Step&LinkType=3

also I got a catalog from them in mail today, they now have a small gas powered splitter, ( not showing on web site yet) They are calling it a 8ton, has a Briggs & Stratton 4.75 ft lb tourque motor on it, does not give the actual c.i/c.c displacement of it, entire splitter wieghs 145 pounds, has a optional adapter to hook the unit up to the receiver of your truck. they are wanting $750 for it + another $100 for the hitch adapter
  5. jtb51b

jtb51b Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Birmingham AL
    They are a bit cheaper, but the have recended the free shipping offer. Thats $99 bucks more for me. I'll probably be ordering one soon, I was holding out to see if they would do any better in the next week or two..

JAson
  6. bill*67

bill*67 Member

Loc:
    upper michigan
    congrats on your purchase! my friend has the same model an loves it.
  7. johnnywarm

johnnywarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Stick burner

Hows the splitter holding up???i'm thinking about one
  8. splitterless

splitterless New Member

Loc:
    on the banks of the south fork
    DR does not pay for return shipping any more as of this post. DR electric motors have 1800w the rest have 13-1500w, I was/will consider one when my wood pile and 20 amp or better plug is close enough without using a extension cord, I know move my wood to the plug, then I will have to move it back to the covered shed. :vampire:
  9. bill*67

bill*67 Member

Loc:
    upper michigan
    NICE REVIEW. MY FRIEND OWNS A DR 6 TON AND JUST LOVES IT. THINKING ABOUT ONE FOR MYSELF!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.