Dr. Meter - What setting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

billfred

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2015
indy
I get a 10% variation from the number one to the number four setting.
#1 is low #4 reads high.

IMG_4609.jpg

Reactions: Woody5506
should be some calibration info in the manual. That said most of these are set for furniture type wood which generally comes in at apx 12% when room temp stabilized. splits must be at apx room temp all the way through. then split in 1/2 and a reading taken on one of the new exposed faces. i am not familiar with this particular unit . I did not find this particular meter but the a 918 model I did find range is 4%-80% and there is a zero calibration function in the manual. works on high frequency instead of pins and conductivity -still requires item to be at room temp also on the 918 model there is a material density selection.

Put it on your hand & see what it’s reads. If I remember correctly it should be about 35%

Reactions: Slocum
I leave mine on #3 cause it covers what I burn.

Oak, maple, ash, elm and fir.