draft fan problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norweden

Dec 23, 2011
minnesota
I have a USSC american harvest 6500 pellet furnace. I've been only using it for a month now. And in the past week this has happened to me twice, were u push the off button to let the furnace burn out. Well the draft fan shuts off before the fire is out so my basement fills up with smoke. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions why this is doing this? I'll have to tear it apart and look to see if the sensor if dirty

norweden said:
I have a USSC american harvest 6500 pellet furnace. I've been only using it for a month now. And in the past week this has happened to me twice, were u push the off button to let the furnace burn out. Well the draft fan shuts off before the fire is out so my basement fills up with smoke. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions why this is doing this? I'll have to tear it apart and look to see if the sensor if dirty

Talk to the folks at USSC, it is likely that the sensor is seeing what it needs to turn off the blowers, this can be a sensor defect, a sensor placement issue, the sensor location has become insulated by ash, your venting isn't within specifications, a bad controller, etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.