drolet eco-45 ..what the heck is the point of the noise reducer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete324rocket

Feeling the Heat
Nov 11, 2007
albert county, new brunswick
Well,for the first time ever ,I mistakenly pushed the noise reducer button and it actually worked! In fact the fan shuts off but it only stopped for less than a minute and started back up again. Funny thing is ,it doesn't work all the time and when it does work, 1 push makes it a little quieter and two pushes turns it off,but still only briefly. I bet I'm not the only one who wonders what the point of this feature is....unless mine isn't working properly. Oh ,and by the way,my steel burn pot is cracking down the middle. Warranty maybe?

i have the osburn 45 also made by sbi it has the same button on it i never even tryed itthink the manual said it only worked on the lowest setting,i never use the lowest setting lowest i've ever set is 2 being i have an older drafty farm house 1 setting dont do muchbut i havent had to go past 3 thing puts out good heat,as for the noise i just turn up the volume on the tv with the surround sound it drowns out the stove nthe noise reducer as far as i can tell is just a sellig pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.