Drolet ECO-65 is kicking my....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
A friend of mine gave me this pellet stove for free. Said it was smoking out of the hopper and throwing a P flow code.He had jumped the vacuum switch to make it run. He called the tech line and they told him that he had a clogged combustion chamber. He tried removing the side covers but a couple bolts broke so he gave up. I then took it home and removed all the side covers and found it very dirty. Cleaned it and fixed all the broken bolts, bought all new gaskets for the side covers. It fired up and still had a P code. I checked the hose that runs from the exhaust housing to the vacuum switch and it is not clogged. If I jumped the vac switch it smoked out the hopper again. couple days later I retried it and noticed this time the exhaust blower wasn't working and it smoked the hopper out pretty good. I bought a new blower assembly and now it just beeps at me with a H code. (Overheat zone was detected on auger housing) The stove only ran maybe 5 mins without the blower working before i realized. I cannot find the L-250 Temp switch. I removed both augers to look in and I see nothing there. I did a reset and it immediately sets the H code. I am just about to quit on this thing. I had planned on using it in my garage. Only thing I am doing is firing it without exhaust pipes. Im waiting to make sure the stove would run before buying all pipe.Your thoughts before I put it on Craigslist.

eco-65
serial#1374

If the combustion motor does not come on,or dies,while there is a fire,it can smoke out the hopper,and around the combustion motor shaft,sometimes also where fresh air comes in.

Its smoking through the hopper because the combustion blower cant move the smoke out. Either its running the wrong way or something is still blocking a pasage somewhere

You need a good vertical rise to create draft at least 5 feet. There is a button in the control panel to do a h code reset. THose auger sensors are near back of the auger on top welded outsdide the pipe on a bracket. Do not bypass the switch not a good practice.

You need a good vertical rise to create draft at least 5 feet. There is a button in the control panel to do a h code reset. THose auger sensors are near back of the auger on top welded outsdide the pipe on a bracket. Do not bypass the switch not a good practice.

Replaced the switch. no more H code. now it lights but the bin auger quits after about 2-3 mins and the flame dies. No codes.

The bin auger should not quit without a code, that is very strange. What are your exhaust temps? Press and hold the auger symbol and + button at the same time for 2 sconds to display temps. Flame looks weak.