Drolet Eco65 part2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bf525

Feb 16, 2013
Kingston,N.Y.
DSCN0012-001.JPG Just wanted to give a little insight on my Drolet Eco 65 second post on this stove. I only had two problems when I first got the stove. I bought stove in August 2012 and started it first cool day in September, I was using #1 setting for a while went to #2 setting at night, while setting down stairs at computer I could here stove getting louder and it finally shut off Err H error hit reset and could not clear so I called SBI and got there tech on the line and the first thing he said was did you read the manual, and of course being the man I am I told him I did I hit the reset bottom and nothing then he told me It says in manual hit mold and reset at same time Bingo it worked. He did tell me you can have problems going from #1 setting to #2 or higher. After this happen a second time I started watching it and noticed on #1 setting I get a build up of ash at end of burner pot so now every morning and night I first clean glass with paper towels then I use a saber saw guide I found for my old saber saw and pull off any ash that is at end of burner. I do this when stove is running only on #1 setting only takes less than a min and fire takes right off, been doing this all winter with great results. I normal run stove on #1 setting during the day and #2 at night only use #3 a few times on really cold nights. I did have a problem the second time it went off on Err H and I had read from some one this forum to try hitting rest mode + - then fan logo for 3 seconds and that worked.
If you check out picture you will see I installed oak using dryer vent and I ran it to my wood stove chimney witch is not being used any more. it’s a outside chimney and always has a natural downdraft put a rain cap on top of chimney. Lots of cold air coming down chimney Don’t know if this is expectable but it works for me.
I used 3 ton of green team pellets 1 ton of summer sets 30 bags of Stove Chow, 35 bags Green supreme all burn great if I had to pick one I wood pick GreenTeam,but all did a good job. I have about 30 bags left since September. Will use 5and a half ton this year the way it looks right now.Since I used to burn wood for 30+ years I would say looks like a cord of wood equals about 1 ton of pellets at least in my case.
So far I am very happy I bought this stove and a lot less work from doing wood.

Very nice. I have not had the error codes on my stove (knock on wood). The only time it has shown an error was when I ran it out of pellets. I just hit reset and was back in business. And I have also noticed the stove does not burn great on #1 the flame backs up into the aguer and the burn pot gets clogged. I also noticed on setting #1 the combustion blower located at the fresh air intake turns off. My stove has not gone into error as a result from going from1 to 2. I've burned 2 1/2 tons this season and stov eis working great.

Nice. No extension cord and a Solid vent. Looks good.

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.