Drolet HT2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganOutlaw

Oct 2, 2015
U.P. of Michigan
Got the new stove installed this past weekend so I thought I would share my initial thoughts. I replaced our inherited Buck 27000 Regular Buck that came with the house with a new Drolet HT2000. I was looking at the Englander NC-30 but the nearest HD is over an hour away, so I went with the Drolet after much research.

Wood usage - we can already tell that we are using much less wood and getting a ton of heat.

Glass door - didn't have glass on the front of the old Buck so this is a great upgrade. Love being able to view the fire!

Operation - super easy to use. Having the air control knob on the top is nice, don't have to bend over.

Firebox - it's big! Can't wait to really load it up when it starts to get really cold.

Blower - I purchased the optional blower and thermodisc. Not sure what to think about it at this point, but it's probably not needed on this size stove, especially since we have a ceiling fan close to the stove.

Install - Install was pretty easy but I needed a friend to help push the stove into the house on a cart using 2x6's as planks. The buck coming out wasn't any lighter, let me tell you. :) The odor from the paint curing wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be, I think it's pretty much gone already.

Congratulations. That is a tank of a stove and a big heater. Sounds like you have good dry wood and a decent flue. That will make this stove sing. You're going to see a lot of nice improvements including a cleaner chimney. I recommend getting a stove top thermometer if you don't already have one. The operation of this stove will be different from running the old Buck. Once the fire is burning vigorously turning down the air will actually make the stove top get hotter as secondary combustion kicks in.

Put up a picture when you get a chance and keep us posted on how she performs throughout the winter.

Reactions: Jazzberry
Here's a few pics. The first is of the old Buck 27000. Great stove, but it really loves to eat...eat wood!! Love the new Drolet.

Attachments

• Buck1.jpg
    Buck1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 342
  • HT2000.jpg
    HT2000.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 884
  • HT20002.jpg
    HT20002.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 928
Status
Not open for further replies.