Dry Ash and Droplet Escape

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Richards

May 21, 2013
Southwest Minnesota
Finally got into my very well seasoned Ash and have been noticing excellent burn temps and much longer, easier to control fires. As many times as it is mentioned on this forum, it still is surprizing to a first year burner the difference seasoned wood makes. Next year is going to be so much easier burning for me because I will have 3 cords of 2 year dry ash to burn and 2 more black walnut. No more punky cottonwood and not dry elm left after this winter. Menards had the escape 1800 for 589.00 this Saturday., what a deal.

Reactions: Huntindog1
Dry wood is the bomb in modern stoves. I am now into 3 yr old locust and loving it.

Reactions: Huntindog1
For sure, most folks find it hard to believe the difference it makes with good dry wood; not "seasoned" but dry.

Get on the 3 year plan and you will never be sorry. That is, get yourself 3 years ahead on the wood supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.