1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Dry but Green

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by thewoodlands, Jul 6, 2012.

1. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Supposed to rain today, but I'm guessing it won't. Today is basically our only hope for ANY rain for the month of July.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shadow&Flame

Shadow&Flame Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Arkansas
    I am sure not looking forward to August here...its our worst summer month...;sick
  3. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    106 yesterday,that's 5 days in a row 100 or above.:mad: Rarely to see 100 more than 1 or 2 times all summer here,10 days this July alone.Hopefully that's done for a while.The 'cold' front arrived last night as expected.

.54 of rain officially last night in my city,.75 in my rain gauge.Reports of 1/2 to almost 2 inches in other parts of northern & central Iowa. More rain expected towards the weekend,with much cooler temps. FINALLY!! 94 today (sure dont seem that warm outside,maybe I'm used to the crap already :p) low 80's Friday through Monday.
  4. Shadow&Flame

Loc:
    Central Arkansas
    This summer has sure been one for the record books. I have seen them hotter but not this dry.
  5. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Well, as expected not a single drop yesterday. We are now officially in the "exceptional drought" category.

Attached Files:

• dry.png
      dry.png
      File size:
      103.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Shadow&Flame

Loc:
    Central Arkansas
    Finally got a little rain last night, but the last for quite some time they say. Going to be from 100-105 for the next two weeks with high humidity...O JOY!
    Nice to see it rain a little thou...

Attached Files:

7. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Only 81 here right now,over 3 weeks since its been that cool.Area I'm in is the Severe category,some cities or rural parts of various counties can be slightly better or worse.