dumb question - how do I attach the appliance adapter to my stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman460

Apr 30, 2008
SE Nebraska
I have a Big E, how do I attach the appliance adapter to the stove? Do I seal it with High temp RTV, and put a screw in it to keep it in place?

Thanks in advance,
Pat

both

High temp silicone does great with Dura Vent Pellet Vent Pro. On the Breckwell stoves it is hard to get a good angle for a screw.

Eric

I'm thinking I can cut one small short slit (or 2 at 180 degrees across from each other) in the sleeve that slips over the aluminum casting for the exhaust, and put a worm drive clamp on it as well as seal it with high temp RTV. Should work pretty good.

I just used the sealant. No leaks

How could you possiblity screw it into the stove it's kind of thick steel coming off the stove don't you think?. RTV it and be done with it. SCREW????

It slips onto the aluminum casting coming off the exhaust blower. I would have to drill a hole for a self tapping screw to screw into the side of the adapter sleeve that slides onto the casting. Rather than drill a hole in this, I thought a clamp would be a better way to do it.

Just goop on the RTV. On the outside of where they come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.