dura liner wall pass thru clearances

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sauer

Jan 27, 2009
SE WI
hello everyone I am installing a liner thru my chimney by knocking a hole thru it from the first floor ( chimney goes all the way down to the basement into a fireplace that will be unuseable) for my new stove. I have a question if anyone knows the clearance to cumbustables for the dura liner wall pass thru

http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1256.

as my clearances are close due to a pocket door frame and a closet on the other side of the door frame. If this product fits in the area I have to deal with is that ok? seems like it to me, but I am not shure, and I dont want to play with fire.

The clearances should be built into the Pass-Thru where it's in the wall. I
f you mean OUTSIDE the wall, it'll depend on what you're using for connector pipe.
Single-wall will require 18" to combustibles.
Double-wall pipe will depend on the manufacturer...
The .pdf file on the link you gave us doesn't tell us squat.
Maybe you can find the COMPLETE instructions on-line elsewhere...
A recommendation?
Add a tail to the bottom of the tee at install & run it down to the basement with a cap on it.
If you have an access door down there, you can clean the crap out without dirtying up your
living area, after you brush the liner...
If you don't have an access door, add one.

you are gonna have to put an insulated piece of pipe thru the wall, witha min 2" cleearance all the way round.

The first question is are you going to use Dura-Liner or Dura-Flex?

I plan on using flex liner up to a tee. I will then connect the tee to the wall pass through and on to the stovepipe. I have enough clearance to cumbustables for the wall pass through to fit inside and through the wall but not enough for a insulated pipe (9 inches on each side). so the wall pass through is my only option without taking out the pocket door. in the link above it looks like the wall pass through frame can butt up to cumbustables. I just wasnt shure.I could post pics if needed

thanks,
mitch

The wall pass through as I understood was made to meet clearances by itself. We never used one but we contemplated it on two different jobs so I was reading up on it heavily.

One thing that got us was the damned black pipe sticks out into the room 10", its setup for single wall clearances it seems. There is not really a way to shorten it either.

yeah it seems like it will protrude from the chimney a whopping 18 inches witch is going to be extremely close to the stove. Do you think worst case senerio I could hook up the thru wall connector directly to the fireview stove? the exaust will go straight out of the stove and into the chimney with no bends, so the through wall will be somewhat consealed b the stove. I could use a double wall chimney pipe with 2 inch clearance for the thru wall, but I have no clue if stove pipe would hook up to both sides of the chimney pipe. So it would go Stove, to stovepipe, to double wall chimney pipe through the wall, to a tee, and then up to flex liner and up to the sky. Dont know if you can use chimney pipe in the center of a liner system without having problems with compatability

sauer said:
hello everyone I am installing a liner thru my chimney by knocking a hole thru it from the first floor ( chimney goes all the way down to the basement into a fireplace that will be unuseable) for my new stove. I have a question if anyone knows the clearance to cumbustables for the dura liner wall pass thru

http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1256.

as my clearances are close due to a pocket door frame and a closet on the other side of the door frame. If this product fits in the area I have to deal with is that ok? seems like it to me, but I am not shure, and I dont want to play with fire.

why not ask the guys you are buying from?
no customer service??

Status
Not open for further replies.