DuraLiner and Englander 32-NC Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I know the DuraLiner product I have is designed to only be supported at the chimney cap.
Yep, and nobody is more concerned about their product falling into a pile at the bottom of the chimney than their engineers...

Reactions: Hexa Fox
Yep, and nobody is more concerned about their product falling into a pile at the bottom of the chimney than their engineers...
Part of it is me and not trusting myself too. I have to come back next year and redo the crown. So I imagine part of the cap is going to have to be loosened to accomplish this. So it would be infinitely easier if the liner is sitting on a pedestal at the bottom. Another advantage is the pedestal (or any support) is going to make it easier to install as well. It looks more than likely that I am going to be doing it by myself. After it hits the support if it is lined up right I no longer need to hold it at the top. So for me it serves more than just one purpose.

Do not get me wrong, I am seriously considering just installing this stuff the way it is and being done with it. However, after I get it in there and installed going back is nearly impossible. So if it does ever cause me any kind of issue in the future it is going to be a right pain in the @$$ to say the very least. If I have to pull it out I will be up on the roof with surely another person drilling out the rivets piece by piece?

I also just found these and could be exactly what I need. They said the construction is all metal except for the plastic feet on the bottom. I may even be able to remove those.
51ADY5FrTXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Part of it is me and not trusting myself too. I have to come back next year and redo the crown. So I imagine part of the cap is going to have to be loosened to accomplish this. So it would be infinitely easier if the liner is sitting on a pedestal at the bottom. Another advantage is the pedestal (or any support) is going to make it easier to install as well. It looks more than likely that I am going to be doing it by myself. After it hits the support if it is lined up right I no longer need to hold it at the top. So for me it serves more than just one purpose.

Do not get me wrong, I am seriously considering just installing this stuff the way it is and being done with it. However, after I get it in there and installed going back is nearly impossible. So if it does ever cause me any kind of issue in the future it is going to be a right pain in the @$$ to say the very least. If I have to pull it out I will be up on the roof with surely another person drilling out the rivets piece by piece?
It can't fall down, the snout on the tee would prevent that...plus, supported at the bottom or not, when you take the top off the liner is gonna drop a little at the top, as it's not rigid.