Duraliner install - length allowance question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

walpoledan

Jan 22, 2010
Southwest NH
Hi all,

I have searched the forums here and read the docs available with Duravent online and haven't found my answer but I'm certainly not going to guarantee that I didn't miss it somewhere... so apologies in advance if I did and this is a painful rehash.

I'm going to be relining my chimney this year and have decided to use 6" Duraliner. The chimney is masonry, single flue, just about in the center of the house. It's got an 8" round clay liner with more cracking than I'm comfortable with. I'm going to be hooking up to a Woodstock Keystone in my basement playroom.

From top of chimney to center of existing thimble I have a height of 30' 2". Allowing 7" for the half of the tee at the thimble leaves me with 29' 7" from the top of the tee to the top of the existing chimney. If I use 30' of liner (7x4' + 1x2') I'll have 5" of liner sticking out beyond the top of the chimney.

I intend to use their 'extend-a-cap' to finish the top off. I am 99.9% sure that the 5" is plenty of extra length for the extend-a-cap clamp to work with but would be very grateful for folks with experience to let me know if that's actually the case. I've had a hard time finding exact specifications for that extra required length and really need to get the parts ordered if I'm not going to leave that stove out in my barn for the winter...

Any other tips or thoughts folks might have would be welcome but that's my primary concern at this point.

Thanks,

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.