DuraPlus thru wall instructions questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dahluwalia

Oct 2, 2023
Western Maryland
So I'm installing a thru wall durevent chimney on a new stove where one has never been before. First question is what connector s to use to connect the stove single pipe to the triple wall pipe ? What order do they go on ? The directions are not clear. Next question is since I have a brick exterior wall over my 2x4 and drywall wall ,the thru pipe has to be the 12 inch triple wall pipe. This means the thimble needs to be extended . I got a price of sheet metal of proper gauge . I'm not sure what or how to attach.

The inner and outer parts of the thimble establish the required clearance. Here is the order of assembly.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 7.33.13 PM.png Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 7.35.57 PM.png

I think you attach the extension to the inside wall section if it's the larger outer part and the outside wall section slides into it.

Last edited:
Thanks ,I am really interested in the next step how meaning what adaptors for the non isolated stove pipe.? I read that many times .it's makes sense i guess it doesn't tell you that it needs to come apart a few times to be able to nail the thimble in the right depth .And the extension is what ever works at the correct thickness sheet metal. Can you comment on the connections from the stove pipe ? I have been looking for a video and found nobody has ever had to use a extension tube or never what's to show you the connections between the nonsiolated pipe to thmble. Ps i,m sure I'm wrong I just haven't found the right vid or so frustrated I'm not seeing it