duravent pellet vs. multifuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alltherage

Jan 12, 2012
chautauqua County, NY
what's the difference between the two? I got a multfuel kit at lowe's this weekend....is that still 3" clearance from combustibles as with the regular pellet vent pipe?

thanks

There should be an installation guide in the box that tells you
what the clearance values are. It may be 3" but you definitely
want to make sure of that.

i haven't cracked the box yet...was just curious....just picked a 10-cpm up yesterday to go along with the 25-pdvc!

alltherage said:
what's the difference between the two? I got a multfuel kit at lowe's this weekend....is that still 3" clearance from combustibles as with the regular pellet vent pipe?

thanks

The difference is one is rated for multifuel and one is pellet only.

The differace is the type of stainless steel inner wall.
Regular pellet vent is most likely 316 SS.
Multi fuel i believe is AL29-4C SS.

Dura Vent has had about 5 upgrades to the inner call in the last 4-6 years. Only Authorized Dealers can sell DuraVents Bio fuel (Pellet Vent Pro) pipe. The big box stores are not Authorized Dealers.

Eric

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]Dura Vent has had about 5 upgrades to the inner call in the last 4-6 years. Only Authorized Dealers can sell DuraVents Bio fuel (Pellet Vent Pro) pipe. The big box stores are not Authorized Dealers.

Eric

To add to Erics post. Pellet Vent Pro also has 1" CTC's

Not 3" like the standard Pellet Vent. So with the Pro you not only get a better stainless liner (last longer), closer CTC's, and its seals better than the Old style Pellet Vent.

big box pipe is old style w/ the rope gasket and crimped seam. It is more likely to leak. It came in MF and pellet. Pro is welded seam w/ oring seam much easier to lock and seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.