Dutchwest 2460 disassemble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern

Oct 9, 2016
Ny
I have a 2460 that I got new around 10 years ago ..It needs the top end rebuilt. Innertop ..damper. .damper adjuster . Air distributor .baffle ..etc etc ..My question is has anyone tore one of these apart to replace the innertop ? I started to disassemble it and thought I'd try to get some input on here .

It's a Vermont castings dutchwest #2460

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really no t that bad! If you're careful, then you may not have to take everything apart, just the top, frontand back, and left side. R. side, inner back can stay in place. Better to buy the whole inner top assembly if you can rathe rthan switching over all the parts. Just makes it a bit simpler.

I went as far as taking the top off and loosened four bolts on innertop front and back ..Not sure what next step is. Do the doors have to come off and stove layed on its side to expose more bolts ?Also I see a cement in joints Do I need to tap sides with a mallet to break free ? Been debating trashing this stove and getting a nc30 reviews have been good on it but I hate to give up a cast stove for a steel box stove ..any input ?

The parts come to just under 500 bucks including the combuster. Everything points towards overheating the stove but I hate always hearing that when it comes to wood stoves. Unless ten years is typical of the inner top guts disintegrating

2 bolts (studs with nuts, actually) hold front, 2 hold rear. Once they're removed, pry or tap front and back to break remaining cement seal, and remove. Then tap left side loose and remove. Just the 4 bolts, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.