DUTCHWEST CAT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orz23

Dec 3, 2015
rochester, ny
ok folks new to this forum ...I have a few questions about my Dutchwest Model FA224ACL wood stove. when I purchased my home the stove came with it. since then i have move the location so need a few answers to make it to code.
1- there is a thin metal plate on the back of the stove. I am assuming ( assumption being the mother of all screw ups) this is the clearence reduction shield.....so is my assumption right or wrong

2- according to all documents i can find on the stove clearance to the back wall with the shield would be 15" to an unprotected wall ( seems like a lot compared to other stoves) . i have marble tile on the wall but i don't think that is considered protected.

3 i think it came with a cat combustor no longer in the spot it should be. do i need one to operate the stove. I'll be burning for the astatic value rather than heating my house.

4 it has an oval outlet and i want to use a double wall pipe ( again to meet code) can i bend the double wall pipe to fit?

1) Maybe, got a picture?
2) Correct, if the stove has the proper rear shield on it.
3) It should have the cat, but can be run with the bypass open if not for heat and not 24/7 burning
4) No, you need an oval to round adapter for the stove. What brand stove pipe is this?

ok folks new to this forum ...I have a few questions about my Dutchwest Model FA224ACL wood stove. when I purchased my home the stove came with it. since then i have move the location so need a few answers to make it to code.
1- there is a thin metal plate on the back of the stove. I am assuming ( assumption being the mother of all screw ups) this is the clearence reduction shield.....so is my assumption right or wrong

2- according to all documents i can find on the stove clearance to the back wall with the shield would be 15" to an unprotected wall ( seems like a lot compared to other stoves) . i have marble tile on the wall but i don't think that is considered protected.

3 i think it came with a cat combustor no longer in the spot it should be. do i need one to operate the stove. I'll be burning for the astatic value rather than heating my house.

4 it has an oval outlet and i want to use a double wall pipe ( again to meet code) can i bend the double wall pipe to fit?

Bergen thanks for the help...will let you know how i make out

Status
Not open for further replies.