Dwyer rubber hose connection to copper inserts??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nellraq

Nov 6, 2012
Coldstream, BC, Canada
How do you connect the Dwyer hose to the small pipe which goes in the stove pipe?? I have been just pushing the rubber hose onto the copper pipe, but once it heats up it just falls off. How do you connect yours?

My copper is about 6 feet long then it’s a short piece to the meter.

I have 4 feet of copper tubing attached to the stove pipe. Then about 12 inches of the rubber tubing connected to the manometer. I connect the copper to rubber by using a piece of shrink wrap tubing. Butt the two ends together and heat the shrink wrap to seal. Works just fine.

Dwyer rubber hose connection to copper inserts??

Reactions: sloeffle
Like I said above, my current copper tube is about 6", which works fine, but I wouldn't want it any shorter, especially with an appliance that runs higher flue temps than the Kuumas do...I rarely see over 400* internal temps...290-375* is where its at most of the time.

Reactions: Highbeam
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My copper two hose connection is about a foot from the stove pipe but it still seems to fall off. I like the shrink wrap idea, and will try that first. Cheers.