E-Bikes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I was hit by a car as a child while riding a bike and flung across the road into a ditch. I love riding bikes and motorcycles but prefer to ride neither on streets with cars. I don't ride bikes to save the environment. I do it for recreation and health.

I do agree that ebikes are motorized vehicles and are not exempt from prohibitions of motorized vehicle use.

I did look around and found this for my state. Not sure how to make it a jpg.

Unless you have a handicap placard, all ebikes are motorized vehicles.

Attachments

• amp_rec_ebikes_protocol_graphic (1).pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 133
I did look around and found this for my state. Not sure how to make it a jpg.

Unless you have a handicap placard, all ebikes are motorized vehicles.
Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 11.34.24 AM.png

cycling bad.jpg

I think your can get bike insurance. I looked at adding it to home owners under a what the agent called a marine rider. Could have bought a brand new bike in 9 years. It was not a cheap bike. Didn’t actually find search for policies after that realization.

Where I'm from (more bikes than people), the insurance policy people agree upon is to have a lock that's worth more than the bike.

(Not sure how that works out for ebikes, as those came after I left.)

Reactions: EbS-P