Electric Vehicle getting delivered in a couple of days

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Well I have my European hybrid vehicle being delivered in a couple of days. I looked at my usage and it does not make a lot of sense currently to deal with my expected post Covid four to five hundred mile day trips for work which will be running until spring off 2022. My guess is delaying a big investment for a long range vehicle by a couple of years means a wider selection and better range. So my other use is mostly local rides less than 30 miles.generally on back roads and dirt roads. I could pick up a cheap used hybrid but the carrying cost with insurance and NH registration is not cheap. So the best fit for me is 2 wheels, a hybrid hard tail mountain bike with a Bosch E center drive and a 500 watt lithium ion battery. The claim is 40 to 50 mile assisted range. The downside is 20 MPH max assisted drive and obvious seasonal use. I have heard that someone with the right software can juice the assist to 28 mph. Most states and federal lands have 20 mph max limit, so the plan is run it for awhile.

BTW there are reps that are pushing a big tax credit for ebikes. I am not a fan unless there was a big shift in the industry back to onshore. The current market is the only domestic production is high end custom bike frames with imported components and most production either entirely imported or assembled from imported parts. My guess is most of the money goes offshore.

Last edited:
Exciting. I look but can’t really justify it. Any pics or links what your getting.