E2 error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

homeheater

Oct 28, 2017
ft wayne
Control board was replaced ,still getting a E2 error after lights on display stop blinking what do blinking lights mean. Ashley App5660 L

Thanks,checked as good as the manual ask,no luck,any other ideas? Old board shorted out from something, melted fuze holder,am I missing something? Blower motor runs with a jumper, but no power to motor from board. Also I jumped fan motor ,with it on I don't get error but no auger motor and no heat from igniter, possible bad igniter?

Last edited:
Check all the wiring sound like you have a short circuit

Reactions: tlc1976
I would jump the air switch(vacuum switch) here is your tech manual with ER trouble shooting and tells you what blinking lights mean. I would connect the two wires on the air switch(normally blue and gray wires). If the exhaust motor then runs on startup you know its a vacuum problem, plugged or cracked silicone hose the top two things to check. All the below are possible problems.

ER 2

Possible Remedies

Airflow switch hose or stove attachment pipes
Unhook air hose from the air switch and blow
through it. If air flows freely, the hose and tube
are fine. If air will not flow throw the hose, use
a wire

coat hanger to clear the blockage.

The air inlet, burnpot, interior combustion air
chambers, or exhaust pipe are blocked with
Follow al cleaning procedures in the
maintenance section of the owner’s manual.

Make sure the door is closed and that the
gasket is in good shape.

Check to make sure vent pipe installation
meets criteria in owner’s manual.

The airflow switch wire connections are bad

Check the connectors

that attach the gray
wires to the air switch.

With the stove on, check to see if the
combustion blower is running. If it is not, you
will need to check for power going to the
combustion blower. It should be a full current.
If
there is power, the blower is bad. If there is
not, see #8.

If there is no current going to the combustion
blower, check all wire connections. If all wires
are properly connected, you have a bad
control board.

Control bard not sending power to air switch.

There should be a 5
-
volt current
(approximately) going to
the air switch after
the stove has been on for 30 seconds.

To test the air switch, you will need to
disconnect the air hose from the body of the
stove. Whit the other end still attached to the
air switch, very gently suck on the loos
e end of
the hose (you may want to remove the hose
entirely off the stove and the air switch first
and make sure it is clear). If you hear a click,
the air switch is working. Be Careful too much
vacuum can damage the air switch.

Attachments

• usstove tech manual 5660 Ashley Bay Front Side & Top Mount Boards.pdf
    932 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
The air switch/vacuum switch is located on the left side of your stove. The silicone hose is attached to switch and other end is attached to metal nipple on the fire box. Sometimes the hose or nipple can get clogged with soot. Sometimes the silicone hose can crack were it connects to nipple. Usually there is enough hose to trim a little off and reattach. If you must replace hose remember it is a high temperature silicone hose not a rubber hose. When you connect the two wires from the air switch you can use a paper clip or a male spaded jumper wire, if you use a paper clip make sure you put tape over it. Do not let the spades or paper clip touch body of the stove it will short out your board. The jumping of the switch is just for test purposes not a fix. After you jump switch exhaust fan should work on startup. With stove running you can then further trouble shoot cause of vacuum loss. If it is a dirty vent or stove the fire will not be very strong, if it is door gasket you should be able to go around door edge with lighter or candle and see it draw in. You have to do this with exhaust fan running but before the room fan starts. If it is the control board or wiring problem jumping the switch should not let exhaust fan start.

male spaded jumper wire.jpg

So,jumping the vaccuum switch had no effect, still no power to exoust blower motor ,I assume nothing happens till exoust motor starts but I also jumped motor and with it running still no auger motor running no heat from egnighter possible egnighter problem?

Maybe just me but is there power coming to the stove?
Nothing will work until the stove powers up the combustion fan
Check the white wire it seems to be the common denominator for your fans, auger and igniter

Last edited:
Ok ,dumb question time is it possible that I put the white and black wires on back on wrong, my white wire is on ACL black is on N ,I don't have a picture of this ,lol.

jumping the vaccuum switch had no effect, still no power to exoust blower motor
So that tells us that it is most likely not a vacuum problem. Next thing to check is Molex plugs and wiring. Inspect 4 pin connection pin 1 and 2 and the blue and gray wires from the plug all the way to air switch. Inspect the 6 pin connection pin 1 and 4 and white and green wires from the plug to the exhaust blower. My best guess is that there is a short in the wiring from board to exhaust blower or short in air switch wiring. You could try applying power to unplugged 6 pin plug at pin 1 and pin 4 that would check the wiring from board to blower

5660 board.jpg