1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Earbuds that reduce/cancel noise

Post in 'The Gear' started by thinkxingu, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thinkxingu

thinkxingu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH
    Hi All,
    I have taken to wearing earplugs for everything I do now (from mowing to chainsawing, splitting, and even using my saws/Dremel), so I'd like to pick up some earbuds that sound good and reduce noise. I think I want to stay away from 'noise canceling' versions for price & weight/size.

Suggestions?

S

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HeatsTwice

HeatsTwice Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
    I've been using these since the early '80s.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/HOWARD-LEIGHT-EARPLUG-WITHOUT-CORD-3LCA2?Pid=search

I used to work security in a rock concert house. Often right up against the stage forming a human chain with the other of my group which held back the crowds durring the likes of Todd Rudgren/Pretenders/Warren Zevon finalies (pirotecnics, blasting loud speakers, etc). They work great!

Then I had three kids. Worked great then too.

Worse thing that ever happened was after waking up from a dream where I was eating very juicy shrimp, I found a chewed up ear plug on the pillow next to my head.
  3. HeatsTwice

HeatsTwice Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Santa Rosa, California
  4. thinkxingu

thinkxingu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH
    I use the helmet when felling or working in the trees, but for splitting and bucking I only wear earphones and glasses. Thanks for the recommendation on the plugs, but those don't play music!

S
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.