earthstove feed rate issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subclinical

Jan 12, 2014
ny
I recently bought a house with earthstove traditions tp40 pellet stove. I've noticed earlier today that regardless whether I set the feed/fuel rate to low,medium high the continuesly runs nonstop. this would be normal if set at the high setting, but on low or medium its supposed to cycle on and off for a set time every 4minutes. I tried resetting the manual reset but no luck. is this a sign of a faulty control panel? or am I missing a second reset. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Welcome to the forum. I also joined after buying my first pellet stove, a Earthstove Mp35/50. Not the same model as yours, but similar of course. As you will find out, earthstoves are hard to research because they are an older stove that has been discontinued. Bought out by the Lennox company. Anyways...
Does your feed rate stay running continually, even after it is warmed up? My stoves feed rate runs non stop durning start up, after I push the start feed button and have the rate set to high. But after start up, once the room fan kicks on and is blowing hot air into the room, I turn the feed dial to my desired rate. There is only one reset button on my stove, so if your rate is stuck feeding non stop, no matter what your stove temp is, then yes...I would lean on there is something wrong with your control panel.

thanks for the input, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the previous owners overriding the rheostat with a direct plug to an outlet so it runs constant for the blower for room temp, though when I unplugged it let it rest overnight and cleaned it well before lighting it. it started and ran just fine for an hour until we had a power outage. when the power came back on it ran the way it's meant for maybe three hours then stuck on again. not sure if it's a short or a bad snap disk. I'm really hoping it's not a control board cause they run about 4-5 hundred to replace. does anyone know of any reliable sites that might do rebuilds? again thanks for any help or suggestions.

My friend has an old Earth Stove (Traditions, I think) and it has a snap disc that bypasses the room blower rheostat. So, if the stove gets too hot, the room blower goes to high speed until the snap disc cools down. You may have the same setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.