Econoburn 200 yea or nea????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuribo

Feeling the Heat
Dec 10, 2007
SW WI
I have found a good deal on a new 2010 Econoburn 200 and would like to hear comments, positive or negative, from those that have an Econoburn.

I am in SW Wisconsin with about 6000 feet of heated space. Calculate the heat load on a -30F Wisconsin night at abut 85,000BTU/hr. Plan to have two 500 gal propane tanks in the basement for storage....Hydronic in floor throughout the basement and half the first floor. Have a giant masonry heater on the first floor and a small on on the second floor for shoulder seasons, worst case scenarios....

The 200 might be a bit oversized but it should make heating my storage a lot easier.....

Thanks for any comments....

If over sized some days, just load less wood. It will be a learning experience. Or go larger storage.

Will

I would be happy to show you my Econoburn 200 if you want to look at one. I live 45 minutes north of Madison. If you pm me I can talk with you on the phone sometime. My first question would be, Is it going in the house or in a shed?

As much as I like mine I do not think I would want it in my house.

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.