econoburn or biasi boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are 100% different products.
Search for biasi on this forum for a discussion of the combustion design. The Biasi looks like it will burn hard coal OK, and wood....well, I remain unconvinced that it achieves high efficiency based on what I see in the design and construction......

These two products should really not be compared - at least in my opinion. The Econoburn/Tarm/Eko design is 100% different.

Ok ! What is the best unit for heating a house with hardwood. Coal is not available in my area

My opinion with central heat is that you should either go all the way (as woodnotoil and others with storage and high efficiency) - or, if you cannot invest that kind of $$, you should consider an efficient space heater in the living area (EPA rated wood stove) - which will obviously cost much less. An inexpensive and inefficient wood boiler systems will end up costing more in the long run because of excess wood use, chimney fires, improper distribution of heat, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.