Ecoteck/ravelli room temperature probe location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ultravorx

Nov 9, 2018
Poconos, Pennsylvania
So I did the self install but realized I may have not setup the room temperature probe.

When running it typically says it's around 130f, so I know the probe is somewhere inside could up.

Anyone have an idea where its located? Didn't recall seeing a coiled up wire when sides were off.

Open up the right side panel, and look inside. The room temp probe has a black plastic tip, and about 3 feet of black wire. It should be connected to one of the terminal strips of the Control Board, which is on the bottom of the backwall of the cabinet. My Probe wire exits the back of the cabinet, about half way up, and I just bent it to stick straight out the back, about 8 inches.

Last edited:
You could easily wire a WiFi thermostat to the external thermostat terminals of the stove control board. You need to set the stove to enable the external thermostat which then disables the room temperature probe. You would need to add a 24VAC transformer (like a doorbell transformer) to power the WiFi thermostat.

I thought pellet stove required thermostats with milliamp compatibilities.

I k ownita a simple relay circuit to control it. But if the ravelli could accept a standard WiFi thermostat, it would be great!

I do have the option of using my harmony remote hub and program the remote to it. Only downfall to that is no remote feedback.

Ecoteck/Ravelli stoves can be connected to a regular open/closed contact thermostat, and then you need to change the setting so that it uses the external thermostat instead of the built-in one (the "Air Probe"). (Keep pressing the - temperature setting button till the display says "EST"). See pages 23 and 24 of the Tech Manual I sent you.

Last edited:
Ecoteck/Ravelli stoves can be connected to a regular open/closed contact thermostat, and then you need to change the setting so that it uses the external thermostat instead of the built-in one (the "Air Probe"). (Keep pressing the - temperature setting button till the display says "EST"). See pages 23 and 24 of the Tech Manual I sent you.
Perfect. Thanks for the info!