1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Ecoteck/Ravelli stove parts?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Lake Girl, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I was slacking on getting the new burn pot for my Elena Air from Ecoteck. Went on-line to the Ravelli page to get the particulars of phone number and address for the "new" distributor for the Ecoteck stoves... no longer there. I have sent an email to "ecoforge" but I'm wondering if that relationship has gone sour too. Was the "new" distributor North Forge Home Heating in Annville, PA?

I'm going to email Ravelli and ask them why they don't have dealers/distributors in the US/Canada listed on their website for their customer's convenience. We haven't gotten around to picking up a second one like we planned but may just move on to another stove manufacturer with this much instability in supply.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pelleting In NJ

Pelleting In NJ Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    I ordered a spare ignitor and burn-pot for my Elena from North Forge Heating, Annville PA, (talk to Barry (717) 867 1744). Barry has lots of Ecoteck parts in-stock, and shipped them out within a week.
  3. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Thanks - are they no longer the US distributor? They have no mention of Ecoteck/Ravelli on their website... just have the old,old website when with Northland Dist.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  4. Bob Sorjanen

Bob Sorjanen Member

Loc:
    Edgecomb Maine
  5. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I have the Elena air plus (add /561 to above addy). We were looking at a couple of others so we could move the Elena air to a space that would utilize the air feature. But a bit nervous with the hide and seek game for distributor/dealer for parts.
  6. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Maybe have to find a nice used Harman for the fold. Lot of nice ones here in MN
  7. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Funny guy... Really pleased with the looks, footprint of the Ecoteck/Ravelli stoves. We were looking at one of the Drolet stoves from a local business but the ducting option ain't pretty and we have no basement space to hide it in (sitting on a chunk of the Canadian Shield with crawl space only).
  8. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    I just about drove 100 miles to check out a Accentra for $500.
  9. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    You're just going to buy them before I get there anyway:(
  10. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    No, we're stoved up. The tv in the bedroom blew the power supply and old habits of cruzing Craigslist are hard to break. Reminds me I need to renew my passport.
  11. Pelleting In NJ

Loc:
    Central NJ
    Barry told me they are the US distributor for parts ("Annville Distribution", a division of North Forge Heating). I don't think there is a US distributor for the stoves at this point in time. Too bad, I like the new line of stoves they offer now, the "RDS" models, which sense and regulate the exhaust airflow volume, like the Austroflamm Rika stove do.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  12. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Thanks NJ, wrote an email to Andrew from Ravelli Italy again mentioning the difficulty of tracking them down for information. Asked for contacts for US/Canada, we'll see what info he sends back... Just glad I don't have an emergency repair to deal with as the lag time for tracking information down is not a positive for the product.
  13. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Barry got back to me with the info - I'll try to remember to remind him to update his website so he can be easily identified as a contact for parts. Just lucky for me I still had his email since I no longer have a dealer anywhere near that I know of.

Any idea on lifespan on parts for these stoves? I may order a spare ignitor as well...
  14. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    The exhaust fan has replaceable bearings and should last a very long time. The pot is repairable. Controls are the wild card IMO. Put the stove on a good surge suppressor.
  15. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Poking around the Ravelli site I noticed they have 2 or 3 pellets stove in the UK that are set up for radiant hot water heat. Why not in US or Canada?

Wondering if the distributor glitch is tied up in the UL/WH approval especially since about half of the stoves previously tested no longer seem to be manufactured. Only Sophia, Francesca, and Monica models still seem to be around.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  16. Pelleting In NJ

Loc:
    Central NJ

I just think the US Pellet Stove market is swamped with existing stove manufactureres, and not many people in the US like the modern looking stoves........
    I think many of the old stove models were replaced with the new RDS versions.
  17. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    The Elena was supposed to be $6k. There's a lot of work to keep it going properly. American market isn't going to do that much work and pay that much. I paid less than $600 for the stove that was used one season.
  18. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I did get the same email address but no mention of the company name or phone number as requested. Obviously the folks at Ravelli don't get it and do not understand the power of an internet search ... a simple "news release" on their current website that chronicles the purchase of Ecoteck and switch of US parts distributor so they can retain previous customers and possibly build up a future customer base for their new models. Once on the new website, no drop downs or listings of current dealers or parts distribution just a message to email Andrew. I know these are pretty easy fixes as I have an IT geek son. Can anyone say "lost market share"?
  19. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Italy is in very bad straights economically. Now you know one reason why.