Eko 40 controller wiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Anyone have some pics of the eko 4o showing there wiring to the controller. , where do you fish the wires through from the boiler circ pump and aquastat . The manual shows how to make connections but doesnt show where to fish the wire through to the back of the controller.

Huff

My EKO 40 is the older style unlike yours but I don't like the way the power cord or the boiler circ is routed. Mine was actually a scratch and dent model I bought straight from the distributer and the tin work is a little damaged on the back corner but it was $1000 less. I've been running it the past few years without the piece that covers the access plate on top of the fire tubes so the circ cord came across the top. This winter I might finally pound the tinwork back into form on that corner now that I stopped a very small but annoying leak on the output pipe. I think I'm going to get a couple cord strain reliefs and use my 1/2" conduit knockout to feed the power cord and boiler circ cord right out the side of the silver top that houses the controller. I still plan on tinkering with an Arduino setup similar to NoFossils own design but I think in the short term (this winter) I can mount my 2 JC A419 aquastats right above the EKO controller along with some of those low cost temp displays using the 1 wire sensors. A simple low cost $69 Panasonic ethernet web cam pointed in this location would give me the piece of mind of knowing everything I would need to know right from my smartphone. The aquastats and relays should do all the work just fine but it's nice to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.