EKO 60 wiring questions, how did u do it??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvanhat

Jul 3, 2008
upstate ny
got my eko 60 all plumbed in. i put the circulator for the secondary loop in the cellar next to the existing oil boiler. that circulator is attached to a thermostat and will push in to the oil boiler when the house calls for heat. the question is how do you hook up the primary circulator for the storage loopand pumps into the eko 60?? do i need a aquastat or is the eko already set up to run when the boiler water gets too cold?? the eko just has a plug on it and i see no way to get into the controls at the top front of the eko. am i missing something or does the manual just not give u much info?? thanks for the help!!

You'll need a circulator for the EKO. That top cover comes off and there are connections for a circulator there that will be controlled by the EKO controller. You might want to look at some od the system schematics posted in various threads.

You'll also want some form of input temperature protection to ensure that water coming into the EKO is hot enough to prevent condensation and corrosion. Usually this is accomplished by a mixing valve that allows water to recirculate directly back to the inlet as needed to maintain inlet temperature.

well i already have a circulator that will be pushing into the bottom of the eko, i just needed to know how best to control it by hooking into the eko or using an aquastat. i will try to take that cover of the eko now. as for temp protection, i have installed the danfoss that came with the boiler. thanks

Not sure about the 60, but my 40 controller simply slides out of its hole. Just pull on it, no need to unscrew anything. I hooked my circulator to the control panel, this way the boiler controls when it comes on and off - it knows best. This protects you from overheating the boiler too.

Oh, and yes, the manual does not elaborate as it should!

You can pull out the 60's box. You might want to upgrade the box's little fuse though, I blew a few of those after connecting a pump. I think they are 2-3 mamp...
There is a new controller I am told that has many more optional programs for controlling the fans and pumps, as far as when they turn on and off. I hope this controller can be used to turn the pump off sooner so that the eko does not cool your stored water while the fire goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.