EKO Boiler monitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Aug 17, 2008
Maine
I wanted to monitor my EKO boiler remotely, so I built a system that would display the information on a phone app. I figured others might be interested in what I developed, so I've published the information here.

app.png

I wanted to monitor my EKO boiler remotely, so I built a system that would display the information on a phone app. I figured others might be interested in what I developed, so I've published the information here.

app.png
That is great. A lot more complicated than what I ended up doing. I already had a YoLink hub, driveway sensor, and water leak detector. They also offer a temperature sensor with a remote lead. It will handle 212f or so, plenty for the gasifier outlet pipe. I taped it to the top of the gasifier next to the outlet. Also put one on top of my storage tank. They publish data to the phone app for trending. You can easily set alarms to tell you when you need to reload. Sensors are $33 each. No problem reading from barn to inside house over 100 feet away.