EKO Orlan Fan wont stop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malcivian

Jun 14, 2009
Denmark
Tanks for this great forum. Cant believe that I had to "come" across the great oasen to finde a forum that helps Orlan owners. :cheese:

To my quistion. I have a Eko 25kw Orlan bought 2 months ago, when I start a fire to get a bed of coal I open det lower door "for draft" and turn on the crontrolpanel. When the temp hits 149 F. the pump turns on, but within a few minuts the fan also turns on. I then push the stop/start button and the fan stops, but in af few minuts it start again. Why dos the fan start even I pushed the start/stop button???

Second quistion: When the fire dies and der is no more wood, the fan wont stop. I kan start a fire in the evening and in the morning the boiler is cold but the fan is still on. Any suggestions??

As far as the blower running when there is no more wood...there is a timer for the blower that causes the blower to run up to two hours after the wood is gone. If you have a newer controller, I am told, there is a setting to reduce the amount of time the blower remains on. Welcome to the forum by the way!

There was mention of changing the setting here in the forum. The manual for the newer controller supposedly covers the adjustment. I have the oler controller so I really can't advise you about hou you make the adjustment. Try doing a search in the upper left forums search for "EKO blower" and maybe you will find what you are looking for. Best to you....

Sounds like you have the digital controller that was shipped on the boilers for a couple of months. The fan energizes when the water temp gets to it's setpoint. It should shut the fan down whenever the water temp drops below it's setpoint. You'll need to get into the program & see what the parameters are.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.