EKO's on Ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-Burning-In...ryZ20598QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's a big savings (around $1,700 on a 25 Super), but you need to factor in things like shipping insurance, warranty claims, and other foul-ups that could crop up in the process of getting it from Poland to your house. You'd also want to make sure that the electronics and pipe threads are compatible.

I'm wondering if you can inport the other boilers also that they list on the "homepage"?

^^^I bet you can. I see they sell the Atmos, which is supposed to be a pretty good gasifier as well.

A couple more points. They apparently have the EKO 18 available, which I don't think you can get through New Horizon. One guy awhile back was trying to get his hands on one.

Note that the Ebay seller only accepts money orders or cashier's checks. Just like sending cash. No backup from the CC company if things don't work out the way you hope.

Another thing to make sure of is that your boiler doesn't get hung up in Customs, with you having to shell out cash before they'll release it. An import duty or other fee could eat up your savings in a hurry, but I have no idea if that would be an issue with a boiler. One more thing to check before sending the check.

From what I've read, the reason companies like Atmos don't import their boilers into the United States is because they're worried about our liability laws and other potential legal entanglements. Too bad all around.

I wonder if there is enough interested folks to see what it would take to ship say 10-25 boilers instead of just one at a time.
I imagine the duties would be the same however. Probably would not have the new controller made for the US either.

Eric Johnson said:
From what I've read, the reason companies like Atmos don't import their boilers into the United States is because they're worried about our liability laws and other potential legal entanglements. Too bad all around.

It certainly looks that way. This is the email I got from Christian Herlt after seeing if their boilers are available here.

thank you for your interest. I have not dealers in North Amerika. My
factory is to little for the big jump over the ocean,
the prices for the American certificates are too high, I can not all, sorry,

Hmm.

The link for charging tanks looks pretty interesting. Some with solar coils, some with hot water, some both. But, for pressurized storage specifically designed for boilers those are some of the better prices I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.