Electrical consumption

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger

Feeling the Heat
Feb 3, 2014
Seabrook, MD (DC suburbs)
Anyone track electrical use? I forgot that I had bought an in-line gauge that you can plug 110V items into, might try it out on the Accentra. I started looking when the electrical utility's periodical "report card" showed I had moved from "great" to "good" on power use. Their website showing my use hour by hour is pointing to my supposedly energy efficient laundry equipment, but while at it I should check everything else too and the stove is being used some # of hours daily (evenings and weekends). Any idea what readings I should see if I hook it up to the Harman?

Start up would have your biggest draw due to the ignitor. If it has been starting/stopping a fair bit in shoulder season, that is likely the change ... or you're doing more laundry than normal;lol

Try a search, top right, as I think many of the wattage values have been discussed in the past. May not be specific to Harmans but honestly can't remember what stoves...

Here's my usage:
Watts Min:38.2
Watts Max: 179
VA: 278
KWH - AVG/MONTH: 66.1
Duty Cycle: 40%
Amps Min: 0.69
Amps Max: 3.03

I did an initial estimate of mine (based on what it said in the manual) and running 24/7 it would use about $13 a month of electricity. Right in the ballpark of my kwh/bill increase.

I plan worst case, then anything less is a bonus.

Here's my usage:
Watts Min:38.2
Watts Max: 179
VA: 278
KWH - AVG/MONTH: 66.1
Duty Cycle: 40%
Amps Min: 0.69
Amps Max: 3.03
This is almost exactly where my P61A is. It uses about $7-11.00/month in electric costs.

Thanks, all. (A) my utility's on-line consumption website shows hourly consumption in KWH, I'll need to convert. (B) have not plugged in the in-line test meter yet, I forgot what units it even reads in.

I tend to leave the unit on and low(ish), not cycling on/off, so only one "ignitor event" per day. The rest is just the fan & auger, I guess.

My paper "log" of the weekend's laundrytimes coincided with the spikes on the website, so the (15 year old Asko) laundry equipment goes. Hopefully the Accentra will not need to follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.