Electricty Suppliers in New Hampshire/New England

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBNH22

Feeling the Heat
Mar 17, 2013
NH
My current contract with my electricity supplier is up for renewal and I've just started looking at the rates for new 6 month fixed contracts. It seems prices have risen slightly over the last six months (big surprise there.)

I had been using ENH power and the fixed rate was 7.89 cents per kWh.

Who is everyone else using and what are you paying?

For anyone that lives in NH and has PSNH.......

I just completed an exhaustive search of the rates being offered by the different electricity suppliers for PSNH and the lowest I found was Ambit energy.

Ambit Energy is HQ in Dallas, TX and they are currently offering a rate of 7.74 cents per kWh with a 6 month fixed residential plan.

Yeah when I compared the rate I'll be getting from the new supplier to my current rate which is higher I would have only save like 1.80 or something if I already had the new lower rate.

Not a lot but hey money's money and it only took ten minutes to switch suppliers on the phone.

My question is how much does going to another provider affect the main company's ability to support itself. Specifically, if go to another provider and save $1.80 or whatever, and everybody else does, how does that affect PSNH's ability to provide the electricity?

S

Status
Not open for further replies.