1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Elk Can Sleep Better Tonight

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BrotherBart, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The new stove won't be grunted up on the hearth until Tuesday or Wednesday but Elk can sleep better knowing that the new sheet metal blocking plate is installed in that fireplace. A foot of rockwool on top of and sealing the damper opening. Sealed steel covering the top of the firebox six inches below that with cemented in 3/8" stove gasket around the pipe to protect it from cuts and leaks. All mortored in with fireplace mortor.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hardwood715

hardwood715 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Hyde Park, New York
    no turning back now BB, that fireplace is converted to a stove shelter! Sounds like you worked your butt off today. Good Job!
  3. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Franklin Ma
    Great job, well worth all the hard work
  4. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I would like to say I sleep better last night ,but my wife is experiencing some Medical issues and awaiting a report on a bi-opz
    Mean while, I was riped up the carpeting in my familly room and in the process of installing oak floor. Before last night, I was ready to joke around with,
    you, but the mood has changed here. Instead ,I burried my self in installing oak flooring today, keeping busy. I installed 160 sq ft today

BTW good job
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We are thinking of your wife Elk and wishing for the best. Hang in there guy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.