Embers from flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lopiliberty

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2011
WV
Started a fire an hour ago with locust kindling, got it going then loaded small locust splits in and happened to look out the window and there were glowing embers falling out of the sky. These were not sparks but small embers. Had to go out and stomp them out. I noticed using locust kindling there was a lot of popping, its 47 outside and very windy, so the only thing I can think of is there was alittle more draft and it sucked the embers out of the stove and up the chimney. Funny thing is I have started my fires at night and this is the first time this has happened

Locust pops like crazy! I can hardly open the door once the Locust is burning, sparks fly way out into the room. With the bypass open, I'm sure they could make it up and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.