Emma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one in the picture zap is a storm damaged Maple that i pulled out of the tree line and there are half a dozen dead Ash that came out also..but i think today me and my buddy will be splitting some monster Maple that is already up at the farm. and we will be doing a 'Backwoods Savage' :cheese:

i cannot lift these blocks so will have Leo working the splitter and i will be feeding them to him ;-)

loon

Watch your back, Loon. Those big blocks can be "killers". I think BS rents out padded 5 gall. buckets LOL

Out pulling some wood back to the farm yesterday Rotti and drove up to this guy...there was something really wrong with it as he didnt care about me and was digging his hind end. on the way back from the woods it was still hanging around the farm but by the time i got back with the gun he was gone..

it was in rough shape and kinda felt bad for it...

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

Me and Emma went for a drive late afteroon ;-)

loon

DSC00062.jpg

Loon: Looks like maybe he tangled with a car or something

Ya he was a mess rotti.. Me and Emma went and had another look lastnight, but it was a little stormy :cheese:

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

Think you guys are gettin it alot worse than us. Seems to be stayin down closer to the seaway. Emma has that "WASS UP" look in her eyes. Wheres the little guy these days?

Keep that snow on your side of the border Loon.

zap

Ya she's good at that rotti :lol: and only ended up with a few inches zap ;-)

We went for a tour today and have this fella in my sights :)

loon

Picture558-1.jpg

Picture557-1.jpg

Loon, what type of tree is it? Emma looks like she is having a blast.

zap

Elm zap and she does have fun for sure :)

This isnt the same tree..but we got it in before dark..

Murphy is in behind the middle tree of the picture ;-)

loon

DSC00094-1-1.jpg

Looks like it had its leg in a trap. I'd be careful that no one is running a line in the area--I had a dog get caught in a trap someone forgot about.

You may have addressed this earlier--haven't read the whole thread--but have you ever put a harness on Emma and had her pull wood out for you from tight spots?

Never thought of that Leopard? We stay on the 600 acres and there shouldnt be any traps on it, but will keep an eye out for them for sure..thanks..

Emma will sit down and not move a muscle if we put anything on her :cheese: so i dont think she would be much help in dragging ;-P

loon

loon said:
Emma will sit down and not move a muscle if we put anything on her :cheese: so i dont think she would be much help in dragging ;-P

loon

Well, of course Emma's going to stay stock still, she's calmly and patiently waiting for you to overcome your lunacy :lol:

loon said:
Ya he was a mess rotti.. Me and Emma went and had another look lastnight, but it was a little stormy :cheese:

DSC00068.jpg

Loving the "Come hither" look in her eyes.

HollowHill said:
loon said:

loon

Well, of course Emma's going to stay stock still, she's calmly and patiently waiting for you to overcome your lunacy :lol:

She's gonna have a long wait Hollow :p

And she does like to pose jake :cheese:

loon

Gonna deal with the tree today rotti.
but everything here is a sheet of ice..Emma will stay home as she is slipping all over the place and she doesnt need a broken leg. ;-)

loon

loon said:
She got to thinking about that big dead Elm.. and.. well it had to come down tonite ;-)

loon

Looks good Loon, grab some ice cleats from the local bait shop that they wear when ice fishing.

zap

Good idea zap ;-) bought my mom who is 80+ a pair years back for when she walks her little dog in the winter and never thought of a pair for myself..

got a whack of wood done today, but didnt get the camera out till about an hour ago..

loon

DSC00100-1.jpg

On my second pair, this year they have been great. Looks like more rain,sleet and snow tonight & tomorrow.

zap

It looks like the fun continues. All rain hear at the moment, hoping it stops so I can either cut or split.

zap

Came home to this after work today zap.. Emma isnt too far behind the limb that is almost touching the driveway..That Christmas tree behind her is a little heavy with the ice also. :roll:

DSC00143-1.jpg

Went down to see what the plan is for tomorrow and Buddy isnt a whole lotta help without his winter coat on :lol:

DSC00121-1.jpg

The heat is on high right now %-P Man he is one cold little dog. :p

DSC00133-1.jpg

I love the look of the Queen next to him. See can almost "talk" with those eyes.........................got all snow up here, about 4" worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.