empire gas stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saichele

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Anybody have any info on Empire gas stoves? Found a used one locally with pipe for $450, just wondering if it's a 'deal.'

Thanks
Steve

Is it woodstove like or the hang on the wall type. I've been looking at the DV-35 for our cabin. The best price I've found was local at $635.

Matt

looks like a normal freestanding woodstove. I'm squarely in the realm of gas stoves (as opposed to corn, pellet, or wood), now I'm trying to work out which one. Never heard of Empire but it does look decent.

Steve

Steve,

Did you ever buy the Empire gas stove?
If so how do you like it?
Anyone else have an opinion on them?

I did buy it, it looks OK. Doesn't have as fancy a flame setup as some of the other brands, but it does a nice job of space heating. I guess it's working as intended, don;t know much more beyond that.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the info. I am going to look at a used CIDV-30-1 tomorrow.
Anything you can think of I should be looking for?

I don't even really know. It's a pretty straight forward operation, except for the piece that controls the gas flow. The only thing I can think of that might be a significant issue is rust in the firebox. These are galvanized, not SS, so they do rust if the galv gets scratched.

Otherwise there are a bunch of relatively inexpensive, easy to find, pretty easy to replace components.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.