empress fs combustion motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kizer

Oct 9, 2012
Hi folks.
I have a combustion motor that is going bad.
I have done the searches fo a replacement on this site.
I used the links offered but they seem to want to sell the Fasco A082 which appears to be longer than will fit in the stove therefor not allowing the access panel to be reinstalled.
The installed length the motor sticks out of my housing about 3.5 inches. The fasco is 3.800 long per the sites.
The factory part # I need starts out 50-473, updated to 50-901.
The linked sites also list # EF161 or EF 161A. I can't find a crossover for this number to the FS model.
My question is does anyone know what will properly fit the FS model?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the links.
I want to buy a new motor and rebuild the original one to keep as a spare.
We have 2 of these stoves so having spare parts is a good thing.

Pellet Pig in training :cool:

I just bought another new motor for our Empress. I found that it was about $275 through the dealer, no waiting time as he had one in stock. I literally unscrewed the mounting plate without having to change the blower housing and inserted the new blower. It was perfectly compatible.

Online there were waits of up to three weeks at the time since things were out of stock... Here's a couple links to ones I found online. Either of these is the cross to what you will need for your stove.

LINK1
LINK2

They seem to be the same thing; all that I know is that we were in the middle of a heckuva cold snap and I needed a motor NOW. It was 20° and blowing 25 knots, gusting past 62. I do notice that with the new "universal" replacement that it takes about ten seconds to spin up, whereas the old one spun right up.

This is the 4th motor that this stove has needed in the 4 years we've owned this stove, so I'm pretty familiar with looking for parts for it. (Two circulator motors under warranty, another one last year.) Not real happy with Enviro's design philosophy or Chinese sourcing of parts right now. I give this stove better care than my old Austroflamm, and it's noisy, breaks often, and doesn't heat as well. Yes, I'm looking for a different stove for in about another 3 or 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.