1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Empyre Elite indoor wood GASIFICATION boiler

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by barry488, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodsmaster

woodsmaster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N.W. Ohio
    The problem I see with pellets is that you have no control over what the price does. No matter what you get I'd plan for storage even if you add it later. It really don't cost that much in the whole picture. Many of the boilers out there can be run without storage, but I don't recomend it. Look at page 4 of fine tunning the biomass sticky for what the tubes look like with and without storage. That should be enough to convience you right there.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dino57

Dino57 Member

Loc:
    Ontario,Canada
    The lines are 1 inch for both
  3. Brandonpgm

Brandonpgm New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    I currently am running an Empyre Elite 200 which has a 1 1/4 in. supply and return. So far i have a coil in my duct work to supply my house which is 2300 sq/ft and a side arm heat exchanger on my hot water heater. So far the unit is great. I am going to add a 220 gallon storage tank and 4 more radiant zones to feed my garage, breezeway and game room which will add another 2200 sq/ft which will utilize the system to its full capacity. Profab also designed a heat exchanger for the unit which lines up perfect with the supply and return from the boiler making it really simple to install. My only complaint is working with 1 in. pex hahaha. If you have any questions let me know
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.