Energex or Lignetics? Jay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Hunter

Dec 19, 2009
N.B Canada
The hardware store in Calais Maine has Energex on for 259 a ton and Lignetics on for 300 a ton aside from the price difference which one would you prefer?

I've burned the Canadian Energex for two years with good luck. I would rate them as very good, but also find Maine pellets that perform equally as well. That's kind of high for Energex. I paid $229 a tog in July from lour local grain store. They were $279 last year

For that much of a price difference, I'd go with the Energex, especially if their the Canadian softwood version.

Energex Canadains are real close to the Lignetics, I doubt many would notice the difference. Save some cash and go with them.

Are there any othere brands available in your area?

Yes there are, Corinth, Athens, Comfy Cozy. I was wrong on the price of Eastern Embers they are 299 a ton not 420, 420 for a pallett of 70 bags,Athens are 265 a ton, Corinth are 260.

Status
Not open for further replies.